Family Life, Crafting, The Nest Storefront, Things That Make Me Smile,

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving is Already Next Week....

It is hard to believe that next Thursday is already Thanksgiving.
Is it just me or is the month of Novemember flying by.
I like the simplicity of Thanksgiving.
Gathering with family over good food
and just being with one another.
It's not commercialized and it's just simple.
I like simple....I am not a fancy girl.
If you take me out to dinner chances are
I am going to order a burger and fries
 because that is just me!

With Thanksgiving though comes BLACK FRIDAY-whoo hooo!
I go out on Black Friday do you?
The past few years I have actaully gone out the night of
Thanksgiving. I was listening to the radio on my way to
work and they said a bunch of stores are opening up at 8pm and 9pm. 
I am excited and plan on going out....but at the same time the
excitment of Black Friday seems to be fading since the stores
are opening up earlier. 

Maybe it is too much?
What do you think?

Have we created a monster demanding good deals?

What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for.....
my amazing hubby-he is my rock my one and only
my son
my family
having a job to go to each day to put food on my table and pay the bills
books
coffee
my home-I love my home and whom I share it with
success at my first craft show
friends
laying next to my hubby at night and knowing there is no other place I would rather be
watching my son sleep

I think I could keep listing things butI will stop myself!!


Pinned Image

Pinned Image


I hope everyone had a good day.
I have to take Andrew to wrestling tonight-I think
I am going to pack my new book or papers to grade while I wait!

Stephanie :)



 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for next to be here already!! I feel like I haven't been home in way too long and can't wait for a day to just catch up and celebrate Thanksgiving and YOUR birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking forward to seeing you guys next week too!

    ReplyDelete